Linux Manjaro release cycle
Release cycle of Linux Manjaro
Manjaro adopts a continuous release development model, and the central system itself will not be replaced, but will be continuously updated and updated. Therefore, there is no need to reinstall later versions of Manjaro to enjoy the latest and updated system. By keeping your existing installation updated, you are already running the latest version. You never need a major system update. Just keep running the small update as usual and you will always have the latest version.
- Its first version was 0.1, whose release date was the 7th of ocutubre in 2011.
- Its second verion was Askella, whose release date was in August 2012, with a center of 3.4.9.
- Its third Askella version, was released 21 September 2012,with a 3.4.x center
- Its fourth 0.8.2 Askella version opened 21 November 2012, with 3.4.x
- Its fifth 0.8.3 Askella version, whose release date was 24 December 2012, with 3.4.x
- Its sixth version 0.8.4 Askella, whose release date was 25 February 2013 with 3.7.x
- Its seventh version was 0.8.5 Askella, whose release date was 13 April 2013 with 3.8.5
- Its eighth version was 0.8.6 Askella, Release date was 2 June 2013 with 3.9.x
- Its ninth version was 0.8.7 Askella, whose release date was 26 August 2013 with 3.4.59 LTS
- Its tenth version was 0.8.8 Askella, whose release date was 24 November 2013 with 3.10.20
- Its eleventh version was 0.8.9 Askella,. whose release date was February 23, 2014 with 3.10.30
- Its twelfth version was 0.8.10 Askella, whose release date was 9 June 2014 with 3.12.20
- Its thirteenth version was 0.8.11 Askella, whose release date was 1 st 12 2014
- Its fourteenth version was 0.8.12 Askella, whose release date was 6 February 2015
- Its fifteenth version was 0.8.13 Askella, Its seventeen version was 09.15 Bellatrix, whose release date was 27 September 2015
- Its seventeen version was 15.12 Capella, Its eighteenth version was 16.06 Daniella, whose release date was 6 June 2016
- Its nineteenth version was 16.06.1 Daniella, Its release date was 11 November 2016
- Its 20th version was 16.08 Ellada, whose release date was 31 August 2016
- Its twenty-one version was 16.10 Fringilla, whose release date was 31 October 2016
- Its twenty-two version was 17.0 Gellivara, whose release date was March 7, 2017 4.9 LTS this had the First official release with GNOME
- Its twenty-third version was 17.1 Hakoila, whose release date was 31 December 2017, with 4.14.10 LTS, this was available with KDE Plasma 5, GNOME and Xfce.
- Its twenty-four version was 18.0 Iliria, whose release date was 30 October 2018 with 4.19 LTS
- Its twenty-five version was 18.0.1 Iliria, whose release date was 23 December 2018 with 4.19 LTS
- Its twenty-six-second version was 18.0.2 Iliria, Released on December 31, 2018 with 4.19 LTS
- Its twenty-seven version was 18.1 Juhraya, whose release date was September 12, 2019 with 4.19 LTS, presented The choice between LibreOffice, FreeOffice or none during installation.
- Its twenty-eighth version was 19.0 Kyria, whose release date was 25 February 2020 with 5.4 LTS, this had Xfce 4.14, Plasma 5.17, GNOME 3.34, Pamac 9.3.
- Its twenty-first version was 20.0 Lysia 26 April 2020 with 5.6, this had incorporated Xfce 4.14, Plasma 5.18, Gnome 3.36, Pamac 9.4.
- Its thirty version was 20.1 Mikah, whose release date was 11 September 2020 with 5.8
- Its thirty-one version was 20.2 Nibia, whose release date was 3 December 2020 with 5.9.
- Finally its latest version was 21.0 Ornara, whose release date was 23 March 2021 with 5.10, which currently has the following features: LTS Xfce 4.16, KDE Plasma 5.21, Gnome 3.38.
Manjaro announce the release of a new update for «Manjaro Linux 21.3», in which several updates of different components are made, among which the update of the environment stands out, as well as the installer, etc. more. This new update of the distribution, highlights that the installer has been updated to the latest version of the framework Calamares, This has improved support for encrypted partitions with LUKS and has also been extended in the installation module to edit disk partitions.